For all you stocking stuffers, here's a fun alternative to candy or gimmicky dollar store items for the holidays.
- Colour tells you everything. If the salt is white - stay away. If it's sandy, brownish, gray or pink
in colour you should be good. It should list the minerals on the packaging.
Local Organic Honey
- Raw, unpasteurized
and preferably within a 100 miles of your house. Also said to help ease allergies.
- Spelling is everything, it's cAcAo
not cOacO and make sure the spelling is right in the ingredient list
. The real stuff has amazing health benefits, the other, well, not so much. Try Navitas brand.
- Great protein alternative and fabulous in smoothies and sprinkled on salads. Manitoba Harvest
are great brands at a great price.
- Sun Warrior
is a go-to. 'Tis a pricey item but lasts a very long time. Totally worth it.
- '0' on the glycemic index (GI) but crazy sweet and all natural. Comes in liquid or powder format.
- has 5 times the amount of iron found in spinach and a fab addition to smoothies and salads. Try Navitas brand.
Avocado / Hemp / Flax / Coconut Oil
is a standard everyday oil, withstands high heat and adds great flavour. The other three are amazing alternatives for dressings, salads and anything that doesn't require cooking.