Yup, I finally made a raw dessert and I really liked it. The best part, cause it’s not made out of shit ingredients but is full of nutrient-dense goodness, I maxed out at 1 slice (at a sitting, that is). Second best part – guilt-free dessert. Yessssssss.
Raw Key Lime Pie (serves 8) – by Julie Daniluk
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup walnuts
1/4 tsp pink rock salt
1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
3 firm avocados
3 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp lime zest
1/2 cup raw honey
Pinch of pink rock salt
1. Process the coconut, walnuts, and salt in a food processor until coarsely ground.
2. Add the dates and process until the mixture resembles break crumbs and begins to clump together.
3. Press into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate using the back of a spoon or your fingers.
4. Place the crust in a freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Process all the filling ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
6. Pour the filling into the pie crust. Set in fridge for 20 minutes.